Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nightmare on Ambergrove Ct.

Tuesday, June 25, 1991

Up early to go to the doctor. I awoke at 4 a.m. from a bad dream and didn't get back to sleep til 6:30. I dreamed I was alone trying to find my group of friends. I kept walking around the building where they were last seen until my legs were so heavy I couldn't drag them anymore. Then I turned on my back on the ground and pushed my body along. I knew Frank would be worried but I didn't know what to do and I woke up.

I went to see Dr. Bix alone. She said my white blood count was down but not enough to worry about. My platelets were fine too. She was so nice asking about our trip etc, I couldn't bring myself to say I want another doctor. The next time there's a problem I'll tell her then.

After dinner I went grocery shopping for Don Pedro. I'm really tired and go to bed at 10.

Could it be that mom was having a nightmare because she was dreading the thought of seeing a doctor she didn't like and didn't feel was in her corner? I just changed my doctor this week for that very reason. I need a doctor who is going to fight for me, not against me.

No comments:

Post a Comment