Thursday, January 21, 2010

God is Working Through Me

Monday June 24, 1991

I awake at 7:20 ready to get up. I am sleeping very well these days, and feeling very positive about my cancer. I feel so well it's easy to just know I am getting better every day. I know the tumors are shrinking daily. My thoughts are constantly positive. Actually, I rarely even think about my cancer, but somehow I seem to find a reason to share it with most everyone I meet. I don't do it for sympathy. I seem to just want to share my good news about how God is working through me. My story is so positive and good. People seem drawn to me and truly like me. It's always been that way, all my life. Maybe that's just because I'm so positive about life. Life is good, but there are always challenges.

We take our walk in the morning and go square dancing in the evening.

It has been 4 months since I began reading mom's journals and posting to this blog. I'm always excited to see what she has to say next. It has taken me almost 20 years to begin reading her journal. This journey has been an adventure for me, part travelogue, part medical education, but most importantly a spiritual journey. Her attitude is always positive, trusting God through the power of prayer. It takes alot of courage to share her story with friends and sometimes even strangers. I love her statement that she wants to share the good news about how God is working through her, about how life is good, but there are always challenges. It reminds me of Romans 8:28 which says "We know that in ALL things God works for the good of those who love Him who have been called according to his purpose." Mom did not view her cancer as a catastrophe or a crisis, but simply all part of God's plan to do good in her life.

No comments:

Post a Comment