Monday, May 23, 2011

Gary's Birthday Party


Saturday October 19, 1991

Donna and Bob arrive at 9:30. Frank and Bob go to Thousand Oaks to deliver the trailer they pulled down. Donna talks to Mark and watches me do my makeup.

Frank leaves for Lemona house for 12-5 open house. Bob and Donna go out to get us Cupid's hot dogs. We will go to Lemona house at 3:30 and then all go to Gary's about 4:30-5 p.m. for the party to celebrate his birthday. The party is fun and lots of kits and food. We stay from 5-8. I feel fine except both of my blisters break and look awful. They are dime size.

Mom and Frank had a huge master bathroom that was bigger than many normal sized bedrooms. It had a large corner soaking tub with large windows surrounding it. Mom spent half an hour every morning applying her makeup and styling her hair at the vanity next to this tub. I would sit on the corner of the tub while she worked at making herself beautiful and we would talk. These were some of my best memories of her. I'm sure it was the same for Donna.

No comments:

Post a Comment