Monday, August 12, 2013

Sick Today


Saturday January 9, 1993

I didn't sleep well last night. Awake with my chest hurting and feel sick all over. I take a pain pill. It helps alot but don't feel well enough to get up and dressed. I spend the day in bed, sleeping off and on. About 5 I dress and come down for dinner. I thought leftover Chinese sounded good but manage only a feeble attempt to eat. Still no appetite and nothing sounds good.

Today I had toast and orange juice and yogurt. I go to bed at 10 p.m. and sleep quite well.

It will be just a few more months before Mom passes, and her bad days will begin to outnumber her good days. It is becoming more and more difficult for me to read her journal and I find that I am posting less frequently than when her life is fun and going well. Partly it hurts me to to hear about her suffering, and partly I don't want this blog to end. Even though it took Mom just over 2 years to write her journal, I am in my 4th year of publishing it. It helps me feel close to her and to remember her. Of course I want to remember the good times though, and not so much the painful times.

No comments:

Post a Comment