Friday, August 24, 2012

Wild Animal Park


Saturday August 29, 1992

We're up and off with Dee (Steve had to go to work) to Wild Animal Park. We arrive about 11 a.m. It's a hard uphill walk from the parking lot. I'm relieved when we reach the entrance. Once inside we hike up the hill to see the Dinosaur exhibit. It's tough and I sweat alot though the weather is in the 70s. It's a great exhibit.

Later we stand in line 45 minutes to ride the monorail, a 50-minute ride around the park. We see lots of animals. We have lunch, then wander around, see the bird show, the butterfly exhibit, the gorillas, etc.

We had a great day and are home tired at 5:30. We rest, eat and leave for the Padres/Pirates baseball game. It was great fun, but the Padres lost 2-3. After the game there was a great fireworks show. I felt great and did fine!

Whew! What a day! Just hearing about her day makes me exhausted, and I don't have cancer. I am amazed that Mom still has so much energy. I have been to San Diego Zoo a couple of times, but have never been to Wild Animal Park. Now that we have flights from Sonoma County Airport to San Diego, it sounds like we'll have to plan a trip there soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment