Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mr. Right For Carol


Monday September 7, 1992

We're up and packed and ready to go about 10:30. Carol calls. We arrange to meet in the Big Apple at 11 a.m. We listen to jazz together til 1 p.m. We say our goodbyes. Harry seems nice. I hope this will be Mr. Right for Carol and she can spend the rest of her days with him.

We have lunch at Carls Jr. nearby and head home. We stop at Gary and Maria's to see how Maria is feeling. Her chest pain is gone but she still feels icky from her medicine. We stay a couple of hours. Her sisters Anna and Rosa come to visit. The kids swim.

I'm really tired when we got home. I take a nap. Later we go to eat Japanese at Kin of Japan.

OK, I just got the chills reading her first paragraph. Her good friend Carol and her first husband Jay had been divorced for several decades and Carol was happily single all those years. Mom is hoping that Carol's new boyfriend Harry will be Mr. Right. Little did she know that her very own Mr. Right Frank would become Carol's Mr. Right also several years later. This is the photo I received with Frank and Carol's Christmas card last year. They have been married almost 10 years.

Mom doesn't say why Maria had chest pains and I don't recall hearing about this. I'll have to give her a call.

No comments:

Post a Comment