Sunday, September 2, 2012

Now the Dog Has a Tumor


Thursday September 10, 1992

Frank is up early and off to his wood carving class. I'm up and ready when he returns at 12:00. I had a bad morning due to perspiring profusely but other than that I feel real good.

At 3:30 we take Punkin to the vet. He examines the lump on her belly. It is 1/3 the size it was a week ago. He tests some fluid from it and says it is a fatty tumor, not likely to be malignant. Thank God.

We rent a movie and go out for yogurt. The movie is The Doctor, about a doctor who gets a malignant throat cancer. It details how he feels and deals with his disease. It doesn't bother me at all to watch it.

With this entry I begin Book 5 of her journal. Just one more to go. I know it is going to get more and more emotional for me as I approach the end and hear of her suffering.

I had a hard time finding a photo of a dog that looked like Punkin. Basically she was a mutt but looked alot like the dog in the above photo. I didn't know she had a tumor. My childhood dog Cinnamon had a huge tumor on her belly and finally had to be put to sleep when it burst through the skin.

I remember "The Doctor" starring William Hurt. It seemed a bit depressing to me. I wonder why it didn't bother Mom. Maybe she was still in denial about her own cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment