Saturday, November 24, 2012

Card Party


Saturday October 17, 1992

I feel much better this morning. My temp is normal most of the day. Frank is in Newbury Park all day again. I spend most of the day answering phone calls so it is after 1 p.m. when I am finally dressed and ready for the day.

I think I feel well enough to go to Karen and Lew's card party tonight. It's a potluck and I don't feel up to fixing something but find a lasagna in the freezer to take.

Junior and Joe come to spend the night while Gary and Maria go to a late wedding. At 6:00 we go to the party. I eat well and feel fine so we stay to play cards. There are 20 people there. We have alot of fun but by 9:00 I'm tired. It's over at 9:30 and I'm ready to go home and right to bed. We all go to bed at 10:00.

I never met Karen and Lew, but I believe they are members of their square dancing club. The club was much more than dancing. It was their social life, with camping trips, jazz festivals, and parties. I can't tell from her post if her grandsons Junior and Joe went to the party with them, or stayed at the house, but considering they were 14 and 12 at the time, they probably stayed at the house watching TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment