Friday, November 2, 2012

Rough Seas


Monday October 5, 1992

We have a light cereal breakfast. I feel great! We have a quiet day aboard ship except the seas are rough. After breakfast I don't feel so well even though I'm taking the seasick pills, so Frank goes to buy me the wrist bands for seasickness. They work great and I enjoy lunch. Hester and Emma are quite ill. Bob and June don't show up.

In the afternoon I play the horse racing and bingo. Frank takes a dance class to learn the Achy Breaky. We have a lovely dinner and great stage show and go to bed early (10 p.m.) as we must get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow for Rome.

The bands for nausea are a knitted elasticated wrist band, which operates by applying pressure on the Nei Kuan acupressure point on each wrist by means of a plastic stud. I tried those when I was sick with my pregnancy in 1992 for 9 months, and they didn't work for me at all. Nothing did. I'm glad Mom got relief. It would have been awful to spend all that money on a cruise only to be sick without relief.

It's a long way from Santorini, Greece to their next port in Naples, Italy, and the cruise ship had to travel in open seas to get around the boot of Italy. She doesn't say what the weather is like this day, but I read ahead in her journal and saw that they are about to get rain, so that might be why the seas are so rough.


No comments:

Post a Comment