Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Another Chest Surgery


Tuesday November 10, 1992

Up at 6:15. Didn't sleep well. Take my last great shower without my pump and tubing in my chest. We arrive at Dr. Semrad's in Hollywood at 8:50. The doctor checks my throat first and finds no more infection. It's about 11 a.m. before he finally begins my surgery. Another doctor tries to find a vein in my wrist unsuccessfully. He hurts me alot.

This time the surgery in my chest hurts alot, not like the first time. I'm glad when it's over. We get the medication and hook it up and head home.

We stop in Simi for lunch. At home I'm groggy and sleepy and spend the day and evening on the couch.

My chest hurts. Not like the first time. Lots of phone calls to see how I'm doing. Frank does all the talking.

I have had that experience with getting an IV, which is painful enough on the first attempt. But when the nurse, or in this case the doctor, can't find the vein and keeps stabbing and stabbing, that is excruciating. The worse is an IV in the top of the hand. So once Mom gets through that ordeal, she had to deal with the pain of the surgery in her chest where a tubs is inserted into the blood vessel. It just brings tears to my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment