Thursday, January 3, 2013

Are We Lazy Or What?


Monday November 2, 1992

Awake at 7:30 but Frank is sleeping well until 8:15. He got up a few times during the night to quiet the dogs. It seems like they barked all night. We get up at 9 a.m. Are we getting lazy or what?

I would love to go square dancing tonight, but I just don't have the energy. I spend most of the day paying bills. Doris comes to visit from next door. She brings me flowers. How sweet!

I cannot remember Mom being sick one single day when I was growing up, even though I had plenty of sick days. I always thought it was strange, like Moms don't get sick? Now that I am a Mom myself I realize that Moms do indeed get sick, but my Mom considered it "lazy" to stay in bed whether sick or tired or injured, so every morning, no matter how rough her night or how crummy she felt she would force herself to get up, shower, curl her hair and coat it with hair spray, and put on make-up before she would begin her day.



No comments:

Post a Comment