Thursday, March 28, 2013

Coffee Kept Me Awake


Monday December 14, 1992

Up at 7:30. Didn't sleep well. Coffee kept me awake until 2:30 a.m. We go out to breakfast with Donna and Bob at Eggs & Things. Bob buys. They leave for home about 11 a.m.

I still feel pretty good. I do go back to bed for a nap.

We go shopping and out for Chinese dinner, then over to visit Gary and Maria to see their Christmas tree.

It's too late for Frank to go square dancing.

Wow, I had no idea Mom ever drank coffee. Growing up I specifically remember that she always said she loved the smell of coffee, but didn't like the taste. I do remember her taking No Doze over-the-counter medication to stay awake while driving. Riding in the car put her to sleep after an hour or so, and the No Doze was a big dose of caffeine. She did say on yesterday's post that she was up until 12:30 a.m. visiting with Donna and Bob. Was she drinking coffee at that hour? I am pretty sensitive to coffee, although I do enjoy it with cream and sugar. If I drink any coffee past noon it will keep me awake that night.

Mom doesn't say anything about buying a Christmas tree this year, so I assume she didn't have one due to her illness.

No comments:

Post a Comment