Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Compazine & Benadryl



Thursday December 10, 1992

Dr. Semrad said to take Compazine and Benadryl together for the nausea so I take it before arising and I will take it 3 times a day to see if it helps me feel better. I manage a muffin and orange juice. Later we go to Thousand Oaks to finish our Christmas shopping. We do good!

Frank finishes wrapping all the gifts tonight. What a gem! We have frozen dinners. I manage 1/2 a spaghetti entre.

I took Compazine for my pregnancy sickness in 1991-1992. It didn't do a thing. I was sick as a dog 24/hours per day for 9 months. I'm not sure why the doctor advised Mom to take Benadryl. My experience with Benadryl is that it puts me right to sleep, but perhaps taking both medications together will prevent that. When she says "we do good", I think she means I do good (I'm not nauseous), so it looks like the medication is helping her.

What a sweetheart Frank is to wrap all the presents. I'm sure that was something Mom normally took care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment