Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Thousand Oaks Mall



Saturday December 5, 1992

A tough morning of nausea and weakness but by 1 p.m. I'm ready and I feel pretty good. Off to shop at the Thousand Oaks Mall. We're there about 2 hours. I drink an Orange Julius. That hits the spot. Later I have a turkey dog (corn) on a stick and a lemonade. The lemonade tastes great. The hot dog makes me feel ill a few hours later.

We manage to almost complete our Christmas shopping. We stop in Simi at a couple more stores. I'm exhausted. Frank brings me home. He eats a lite dinner and goes to Northridge to shop a little more. I eat a banana for dinner.

Wow, two days in a row of Christmas shopping. That must have been exhausting! I think it's kind of sweet that Mom and Frank enjoy shopping together. My husband Ric likes to shop, but I hate to shop with him. His style of shopping is like a marathon race, mine more like a stroll. He does almost all of his shopping at Costco. I prepare the list of groceries we need, which he usually loses somehow between home and the store, and then he makes a mad dash through the store quickly loading up the cart and then has a technique of scouting out the shortest and fastest line at the check-out to get out of the store quickly. The few times I have gone with him I just get upset because he leaves me in the dust while he races through the store.

No comments:

Post a Comment