Thursday, March 1, 2012

I've Become a Better and Better Mother


Tuesday May 19, 1992

I messed up my clock when I set it last night so I got up at 6 a.m. instead of 7 so by the time I get to Kaiser for chemo I'm sleepy at 10:30, sitting around reading in the waiting room. My platelets are 11,500 so it's OK to get my chemo drug. I am finished by 11:30 so I hurry home to have lunch with Frank. Frank is on the roof of the Marvel house when I arrive. He's helping the roofer. He finally comes home for lunch about 1:30.

The roofer finally finishes about 6:30 so we pick up Gary and Maria and the boys about 7 p.m. to go to dinner at the Elephant Bar. We have a great time. Afterward we go back to their house and I open birthday presents from them. I love the sentimental card from Gary. I love thinking Chris and Gary really do love me and think I'm a good mother. I think I've become a better and better mother in recent years.

Mom loved to receive sentimental cards and she was touched by Gary's card. I can't speak for Gary, but only for myself, when I say I loved her very much and miss her terribly. She was my mother and my best friend all in one. She was always very involved in our lives while we were living at home, but also after we were grown and moved out. She had to be careful not to cross the line into meddling, while still being very involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment