Wednesday, November 4, 2009

To Be in the 15%

Tuesday April 30, 1991

A quiet day with time to talk to my neighbors who are concerned about me.

I start my 45 minute walks again and finally make some more phone calls to friends to tell them about my cancer. I tell everyone the same thing. I have a 15% change of living more than 5 years according to what we've read. I intend to be in that 15%. I'm young, healthy, strong, and determined. And most of all I have faith that God will pull me through, thanks to all the many people who are praying for me.

On the other hand I am quite ready to accept the alternative as well.

As determined as mom was do everything humanly possible to fight her cancer, she knew that ultimately it was God's decision whether she would be in that 15%. She was completely at peace with whatever God had planned for her. She also knew that God hears our prayers. That's why she asked all her friends to pray for her. Romans 12:12 says "Be glad for all God is planning for you. Be patient in trouble, and always be prayerful."

No comments:

Post a Comment