Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Woman of Extremes


Friday June 14, 1991

Didn't sleep well at all. I woke up extremely hungry about 3 a.m. I drank alot of water and slept til 4 when I woke up hungry and sick. Came down and ate a banana which held me til 5:30. Woke up sick and hungry and had some grapes and cheese. Couldn't get rolling. Took a nausea pill and Tylenol. No walk today.

Left for Frank's folks house about 2 p.m. No energy. After visiting awhile we all went to the Sizzler for dinner (our treat), Father's Day and Dad's birthday. Ate like pigs and really enjoyed it.

We took Dad the park bench and a shirt. He liked the bench a whole lot. He likes to sit in the sun each day.

Frank drove us home at 9:30. I slept.

Mom, why are you starving yourself one day to the point where the hunger is keeping you awake and you are nauseous, and then pigging out the next night? And you are eating out almost every day. How in the world do you expect to lose weight if you are eating out so much. Eating out should be an occasional treat, both for the sake of your body and your wallet. Slow and steady wins the race, not yo-yo dieting.

I can so relate to her mind set of being on the diet vs. off the diet. Last year I joined Weight Watchers in January and lost 28 pounds in 5 months, but then I went on a one-month vacation and went "off the diet" in June. I ate whatever my heart desired and enjoyed every bite because I was on vacation so "I should enjoy myself". I gained 12 pounds, and I lost my momentum.

No comments:

Post a Comment