Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Flying A Kite


Saturday June 15, 1991

Woke up feeling a bit woozy. Fixed french toast for breakfast again but still felt like I had a flu--ache all over. Kept laying back down while trying to get ready. Dolores and Steve will be here about 11 a.m.. They arrive at 11:45. I feel somewhat better. I fix lunch for us and we head for Ventura beach to fly our kites. My kite flies real good but Frank has lots of trouble with his.

We come home through Santa Rosa Valley--big beautiful homes. I prepare dinner for us all. Dee and Steve stay til 8:15. We must pack and get ready for our trip. We fly out tomorrow at Burbank at 6 a.m.

It's 11:00 by the time we are packed and ready and exhausted.

Oh my goodness, mom, do you ever just take a day off? Just read a book or watch a movie? Always on the go, always entertaining, always putting on a brave front, even when you are not feeling well. You are burning the candle at both ends, as they say.

No comments:

Post a Comment