Friday, February 4, 2011

The Lemona House

Wednesday August 7, 1991

I feel listless all day. No energy. About 5 p.m. I start to feel more normal, but am ready for bed at 11 when we finish watching a movie.

I have my nails done and do my marketing in spite of the lack of energy.

Frank spends most of the day working on a leak at the Lemona house and checking out Gledhill house which is empty now.

Mom does not allow herself any "down time". Even the day after chemo, she is running errands.

The Lemona house in Mission Hills is the house I grew up in from 1954 until 1974. It seemed like a mansion to me and the yard seemed huge. The house was a 4 bedroom, 2 bath house, but only 1300 square feet. The lot was 8680 square feet. I compared this on Zillow.com to the house I live in now, which is also 4 bedrooms, 2-1/2 baths, but 2855 square feet with a lot size of 10,000 square feet. That makes this lot a bit larger, but the house more than twice the size! Our standard of living certainly has increased since the 1950s. Also, according to Zillow, that same house on Lemona is now a 6 bedroom, 3 bath home of 2498 square feet. Some owner in the past few decades almost doubled the square footage!

When I moved to Santa Rosa, California, in 1974 Mom lived in the Lemona house for a few more years after I left and then bought the house on Gledhill in North Hills, California. The Lemona house became a rental at that time. When she and Frank married in 1982, the Gledhill house became a rental as well. My brother and I inherited both of these houses as well as one more rental she owned, when she passed away.



View Larger Map">

No comments:

Post a Comment