Friday, April 8, 2011

Blood Pressure Problems


Tuesday October 8, 1991

Slept most of the night in a stupor. They kept taking my blood pressure as it went very high and very low the first 24 hours.

My roommate on 5th floor coughed constantly. I think she has lung cancer.

The tube down my throat is making my throat very sore and my nose too.

About 3 p.m. they moved all the 5th floor patients to the 4th floor. My new roommate is a chronic complainer. She has nothing good to say. The nurses make so much noise outside that we cannot sleep. Besides, they wake us often for vitals. At 6 a.m. I give up trying to sleep.

Oh my how I remember being in the hospital after giving birth by C-section to all 3 of my boys. After having a sleepless night in labor and then giving birth, all I wanted to do was sleep, but no, the nurses leave the door to the room open and chat outside at the nurses station, keeping me awake. Then every 2 hours they would come in and check my incision, my temperature, my blood pressure, my IV fluids. Some women enjoy being in the hospital, but I found it always the opposite of restful and could not wait to get home. Granted with a new baby, I still did not get any rest at night, but at least I could doze during the day when the baby slept. I had 3 surgeries in 2009-2010 and was so thankful that they were outpatient procedures, check in early in the morning and go home that night.


Too bad mom had such a grumpy roommate on top of everything else. I wonder why in the world they would move the entire floor of patients to another floor? Weird and disruptive!

No comments:

Post a Comment