Monday, April 4, 2011

Anything is possible if a person believes. Mark 9:23


Sunday September 29, 1991

Norman Vincent Peale spoke in place of Dr. Schuller this morning on "Believing". He spoke to my heart as I believe that "Believing" has destroyed my cancer. I truly believed and still do that God answers prayer. the bible says all you have to do is believe and it will be so. Mark 9:23.

We have a couple of very interested folks look at the house and are told it is amazingly clean and in good shape for $190,000. We head home eagerly at 5:15 to have a leisurely dinner and evening. My back hurts so much riding home in the car that I can't wait to end the 25 minute drive and get on an ice pack. How will I do really traveling in our trailer for hours on end. I'm concerned.

Norman Vincent Peale lived from 1898 to 1993 (95 years!). He was the author of the well-known bestseller "The Power of Positive Thinking." He was also a pastor. One of his most famous quotes was "When life hands you a lemon, make lemonade." Televangelist Robert Schuller was mentored by Dr. Peale.

Wow, $190,000 would have been a great sales price. After mom passed away, Frank sold it for $140,000.

I have had lots of experience taking long car trips. I keep a lumbar pillow in my seat and use it as soon as I get in the vehicle. It's also important to stop every few hours to stretch and take a walk. Also, I cannot drive in any vehicle that is low to the ground as that is a killer for my back. My seat must be up high and my knees at a 90 degree angle, never out straight. A SUV or pick-up truck usually works. I learned this lesson the hard way 3 years ago when we took Amtrak from San Francisco to Washington DC, a 3-day journey. After sitting for 3 full days without being to walk around, and then renting a Toyota Camry and driving all over the east coast with my legs out in front of my body, I ended up with a herniated disk in my lower back and after many months of excruciating pain, ended up having back surgery.

No comments:

Post a Comment