Sunday, April 24, 2011

How Do You Start The Washing Machine?


Monday October 14, 1991

I have slept so well every night. I am so lucky. The bleeding has almost stopped but the boil or cyst under my left eye is awful looking. I first noticed it Saturday evening. It has really come to a head and is red and swollen around it. I guess it is from the anesthesia or the morphine.

Valerie and Spencer come to visit. Frank does the laundry. These simple housekeeping tasks seem so difficult for him. I must realize they are second nature to me but strange to him. Be patient, Dolores.

Shirley and Jim Turner come by before dancing to bring me books. Frank later goes square dancing. I insist--I think he needs time out, away from me and the house.

Hah! Finally a chink in Frank's armor! Mr. Wonderful is having trouble doing laundry. I don't think my husband has ever done laundry or cleaned a bathroom. I think he has vacuumed once or twice. This morning I asked if he could get me a roll of paper towels and he did not know where we keep them after living in this house for 7 years! Come to think of it, I think I am the only one in the house who knows how to replace the papers towels or toilet paper on the holders!

No comments:

Post a Comment