Friday, April 29, 2011

A Nice Phone Call with Justin


Wednesday October 16, 1991

I'm up and moving a bit earlier as I have a 10 a.m. appointment for my nails. Frank drives me and then we go to lunch at the Sizzler. I surprise myself and eat it all. Guess my appetite has returned.

I'm tired by the time we get home and I relax the rest of the day. My belly is really itching. I can hardly keep from touching it. Is it healing or?

I call Justin to just talk. He's at John's house. We have a wonderful 20-30 minutes. I thank him for the great letter he wrote. It's so grown up sounding and so full of love and concern.

Justin flew to Los Angeles for a week or two every summer, starting when he was 4 years old, to visit his grandma. I'm so thankful that he got to know her well and spend that time with her. In 1991 he was only 10 years old. In a few weeks he will turn 30, and a few weeks after that he is getting married to his fiance Briana, pictured above. Mom would have loved to have been here for that big event. I'm so sorry that my other two boys never got to know their Grandma. Derek was a baby when she died and Ryan was born 2 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment