Thursday, April 7, 2011

Philippians 4:6-7

Sunday October 6, 1991

I really did not want to get out of bed and face the day. I couldn't quite finish my breakfast (oatmeal). My stomach and appetite are shutting down in anticipation of no food for 3-4 days. I cannot eat after 10 a.m. and must begin drinking 2 liters of Go Lightly to flush out my bowels. I am feeling anxious and depressed. My right eye is acting up with funny vision. I decide it's time to get on my knees and ask God to help me through this day and to give strength and health to all our family and John and Gary's dads (square dancing friends). I have been praying daily for God to bring me through my surgery without pain I can handle and good health and peace of mind. My bad symptoms are gone completely when I arise. I have a nice day on the phone with lots of loved ones and friends. I get all the washing and watering done. I manage to drink all the yuck stuff.

Mom was always such an incredibly strong woman. It's almost a relief to know that she is human here. Who wouldn't be anxious? It sounds like this surgery was going to take some time to recover. I'm so glad she knew to get down on her knees and give it to God, and then to ask for prayers and encouragement from her friends as well. God gave her great wisdom in treating her anxiety. Notice how in the midst of her anxiety she is still concerned about some square dancing friends and their situations and is praying for them as well. In the front of my bible I have taped the following scripture for just such moments as these:

No comments:

Post a Comment