Friday, May 25, 2012

False Labor


Tuesday June 30, 1992

Up at 7 a.m. I don't feel too bad. We take the truck to Thousand Oaks and leave it for a paint job. I call Ric at 7:30 and he answers. Darn, Chris is home. Her contractions have ended even though they were 5 minutes apart at the hospital at 4 a.m. this morning.

We go out to breakfast and I'm starting to feel bad. At home I force myself into the shower and at 11 a.m. I'm at the doctor's office to be sure I don't have pneumonia. The doctor doesn't hear anything, but prescribes antibiotic for good measure. I'm coughing bad and my chest and back hurt. I'm so tired and weak. At home I nap for an hour and feel well enough to go to Palmdale for Joey's hockey game. We have a great time, eat at the mall and shop some. We're home about 9. I sleep my way home.

Those darn Braxton Hicks contractions. Like most new moms, I have had them with every pregnancy. Too bad Mom had to call the house to see whether or not we were home or at the hospital. Today everyone carries a cellphone and can contact friends and family whenever and wherever they are. Such a huge convenience!



No comments:

Post a Comment