Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Fathers Day


Sunday June 21, 1992 Fathers Day

Up early and off to Eggs & Things for breakfast. It's really good!

Dolores (Frank's daughter) arrives about 9 a.m. We have a wonderful visit with her. I leave Frank and Dee alone to have some "alone time" while I get showered and clean to go to L.A. About 3 p.m. we head for Frank's folks house where we visit for awhile and then all go out to dinner. It's a wonderful dinner at an Italian place.

I'm feeling really good today. My last dose of chemo was last night for 2 week break. We are home about 9 p.m.

I wonder if Mom felt sad that her own father had died and she could not celebrate Father's Day with him. When my husband asked what I wanted for Mothers Day last Sunday I told him what I really wanted was my Mother. I had to settle for a small chili from Wendy's! I always miss her most on days like Mothers Day and her birthday May 26.



No comments:

Post a Comment