Tuesday, May 15, 2012

A New Diamond for her Wedding Ring


Monday June 22, 1992

I'm up and off to get my nails done. Frank joins me at 12:30 and we have lunch at Del Taco. Afterward we go to the jewelry store to pick out a new diamond for my wedding ring to replace the smallest one that fell out and was lost. We do a little shopping for a gift for Gary and Maria.

At 7:30 we go square dancing. I think I'm too tired but surprise myself by dancing every tip. At the end I am aching all over, my feet, knees, hips and back. We go right home and watch TV for an hour and fall into bed.

Today I bought a bunch of new vitamins to take that help fight cancer according to the book "Nutritional Healing".

Finally a cheap fast-food lunch for these two. I have to admit that Taco Bell was our favorite until a news report came out last year that stated that their tacos have very little beef, mostly filler. Yuck, no wonder they sell for 79 cents. After that report, we switched to Wendy's chili for $1.29.

Mom left behind hundreds of necklaces, pins, bracelets, rings, and earrings, mostly costume jewelry which I only recently gave away. I never saw her wedding ring. I suppose Frank kept it for sentimental reasons.

It sounds like square dancing is very good exercise. I don't think Mom's aches and pains had a thing to do with her cancer, but just the fact that she was out of shape, like most of us.




No comments:

Post a Comment