Monday, February 25, 2013

Heading Home



Monday November 30, 1992

Up and packing, cleaned up and ready to leave at 9:45 a.m. heading home. I have lot of pain and discomfort in my stomach. It may be from the stool softener. I eat cereal at 8 a.m. and some french fries at 11 a.m. By 1 p.m. when we stop for lunch I feel ill. At 3 p.m. I'm still ill. By 5:30 when we arrive in Simi, I'm a little hungry so Frank takes me to the Mexican restaurant. I eat a taco and enchilada but don't enjoy it.

It's good to get home. We have many messages and lots of mail.

Just like in The Wizard of Oz, when Dorothy said "there's no place like home," I think the familiarity of home is comforting. I think especially when not feeling well, it is stressful to be away from home. I'm thankful that Mom made the effort to come up to see us. It would be her last visit to Sonoma County.

No comments:

Post a Comment