Friday, February 15, 2013

It's a Good Trip To Windsor



Wednesday November 25, 1992

I feel pretty good this morning. We are on the road about 9 a.m. It's a good trip, an easy ride. I even drive a couple of hours. The traffic is bad as we get near San Francisco so we go 680 and in through Napa Valley. It's still slow and go and we arrive at Chris' at 6:30 p.m. She has dinner ready for us. Derek is so big! So alert! So cute and so good! He loves everyone who'll hold him or entertain him. He's a love to hold. We have so much fun with him.

Of course, Justin, my love, is glad to see us and I get a big hug. He's getting so tall. He's 11-1/2 now and so smart. I adore him.

We go to bed early. Ric is his usual cool self. Not much to say. He just plays his computer games. Gary and Maria arrive 8 p.m.

To make it from Simi Valley to Windsor, California, in just 9-1/2 hours is good time considering the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is the busiest travel day of the year. A few years after this we drove to my brother's house in Simi Valley for Thanksgiving. We left home when I got off work at 4:00 and it took us 4 hours just to get through the San Francisco Bay area and 11 hours to get to Simi Valley. This is a 400 mile trip. It was a wise decision that Mom and Frank made to head up Highway 680 to Vallejo and then up through Napa on Highway 29.

I love this photo taken of Mom with 4-month-old Derek that Thanksgiving. He looks like he is really enjoying his Grandma. One of my greatest disappointments for Derek and Ryan is that they didn't get to know their Grandma Dolores as Justin did. She was a wonderful Grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment