Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Thanksgiving Menu


Thursday November 19, 1992

I'm more tired, probably from such a busy day yesterday. Of course the teacher had to teach us a polka last night. That was really tiring for me. Frank has gone to carving class so I sleep in and rest until 11 a.m. I don't do much all day.

In the afternoon Frank goes to Oxnard to pick up a compressor Maria wants to give Gary for Christmas. He has shopped all over and decided this is the best one.

After a nice dinner we watch TV all evening. Frank makes a cheesecake.

I call Chris about 3 p.m. We have a great visit. She tells me the menu. She has a great dinner planned for Thanksgiving. I can't wait.

Oh no, I thought round dancing was more slow-paced and mellow, not a fast polka! I spoke with Frank just this weekend and he told me that round dancing was like ballroom dancing, so much slower. His current wife Carol had a mild stroke last year and is just now getting back into dancing, so they are starting with round dancing.

Since Mom was almost always the one who hosted the family dinners, it was a treat for a change to be able to sit back and allow someone else to prepare the food. No wonder she was looking forward to it. I wish I could claim that my Thanksgiving menu looked anything at all like the one pictured above. I have never been a good cook, and my meal preparations usually require a minimum of preparation. Cooking a Thanksgiving meal for 12-15 people was a very big deal for me, and not easy with an infant.

No comments:

Post a Comment