Friday, February 15, 2013

Thanksgiving Day



Thursday November 26, 1992 "Thanksgiving Day"

Chris is very busy in the kitchen all morning though she has done most everything the day before. I feel good. Frank carves the turkey for her. We all sit at her dining room table, Gary, Maria, Joe & Junior, Justin, Ric, Chris, Frank and me. I say a blessing. There is so much I want to say but I start to cry so cut it short. I always get emotional when I pray out loud. I am so happy to have this day with all my family. I'm so lucky.

The boys have fun with video games all day. The rest just visit and relax. It's been a lovely day. Chris made a great dinner. Derek is so cute and sweet. I love my family so much.

I don't remember if I cried too when Mom prayed, but I'm crying now remembering that this was our last Thanksgiving together. It was my first and last time hosting Thanksgiving for the whole family at our house. The photo above was taken on our front porch. Frank used a tripod so we could all be in the photo. First row from left: Junior, Joe, Justin; Middle row from left: Gary, Maria (holding baby Derek), Chris; Back row from left: Frank, Mom, Ric.

No comments:

Post a Comment