Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Tomorrow is Chemo #2

Monday May 13, 1991

Mother is here to stay for a few days. She sleeps until 10 a.m. so I do the wash. I slept very well and woke at 7:30.

Feeling good I walk to the bank. It feels great. I have a little bit of pain in my female organs.

After I drop off mail at post office, I do my marketing. I rush to fix dinner and get to square dancing. I'm too nervous to eat from rushing.

Square dancing is great fun. We go to Hudson's Grill with the gang and I order skins. They taste real good.

Tomorrow is Chemo #2. I am full of anticipation.

It seems very ironic that mom is nervous from rushing around but facing chemo in the morning doesn't seem to make her nervous. Being full of anticipation sounds more like excitement than nervousness. I have no doubt if I was facing chemotherapy it would be with dread not anticipation and I would not sleep a wink. I admire mom so much for facing this struggle as a challenge, not as something to be dreaded. I hope some day I will be as strong and positive as she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment