Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Chris' Baby Shower


Saturday June 13, 1992

Up at 7:30 to fix breakfast for Chris, Ric, Justin and Carmen. We have omelettes. I finish making the beans and get ready to leave at noon. I'm tired from too little sleep last night. We went to sleep about 1 a.m.

We arrive at Paul and Judy's about 1 p.m. Debby and Frank are there to help. Frank has brought his folks. I get very busy helping. Folks begin to arrive at 2:15 and most are there by 3:15, so we put out the food. I brought salad, beans, chips, jello salads and a high chair. Judy has deli sandwiches. There's plenty of food and a great cake.

Finally Deb brings Joey and Sara over. Strange! Good they came! Phil is working. About 30 friends and relatives are there. Chris gets many nice gifts.

We finally leave there about 7 p.m. I'm exhausted. My back aches. I have alot of abdominal pain.

I was really touched that Frank's daughter-in-law Judy (Paul's wife) wanted to give me a baby shower at their home in Palmdale, about an hour's drive from Simi Valley. She had a one-year-old daughter herself, so I'm sure it was difficult to host a party. Frank's oldest son Philip couldn't make it but his wife Debby came and brought their two children later. Many relatives I had not seen in years and haven't seen since were there. The shower was lovely. Too bad that even at 8 months pregnant I was still suffering from horrible nausea. And Mom was suffering too, both from fatigue and from abdominal pain. She didn't let it show.

I really liked Paul and Judy and thought they made a great couple. I felt sad when they split up years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment