Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Disneyland Day!



Thursday July 9, 1992 Disneyland Day!

I'm up at 4:30 a.m. after not sleeping all night in anticipation. I'm real bad about that. If I'm getting up early by alarm clock, I don't sleep at all. I feel surprisingly well at 4:30 and feel good all day until 1 a.m. when we arrive back home. I have enough energy to keep up all day. I do look forward to each sit-down time.

Frank and I leave at 6 a.m. with Justin, Junior and Joe in tow. Gary and Maria meet us at 11 a.m. in Frontierland for lunch. We have already done the 4 best rides.

It's not too crowded today so waits for rides are 20 minutes or less. We go on all we want and some twice. It's great fun. At 9 p.m. we have the best seat there is, on the balcony in New Orleans Square, to watch "Fantasmic". It's truly wonderful! Beyond belief! The lights parade and fireworks are great as well. A wonderful day was had by all.

Wow, what fun! What better way to entertain 3 grandsons than taking them to Disneyland. This photo must have been taken when they met Gary and Maria for lunch. On the left is Junior (Gabe), who is 13 here, then Joe, who is 11. Behind them is their mom Maria. Next is Justin, who is 11 and then my brother Gary. On the right is Papa Frank. Mom is often missing from photographs because she is generally the photographer.

I can totally relate to my Mom's problem of not being able to sleep when she has to get up early to the alarm clock. I have had that problem my whole life: now I know where I got it! When I was working and had to get up early for a meeting out of town I couldn't sleep at all. Now that I am retired, it is somewhat less of a problem, but if I have to catch an early flight in the morning I have a sleepless night. I am amazed that Mom was able to keep going for 21 hours though. I usually fade by mid-morning after a sleepless night.

No comments:

Post a Comment