Friday, June 15, 2012

Meeting Baby Derek



Saturday July 18, 1992

We're up early breaking camp. It was a really bad night. The wind was blowing really bad when we went to bed. I thought the tents would blow down. So I prayed over and over many times for God to please stop the wind. He answered my prayers as usual. I awoke at 1:30, no wind at all but a short way away a large bunch of young people were partying heartily very loudly til 3:30 a.m. The final thing they did was fire a gun 5 times. That really upset me. I didn't sleep at all from 1:30-3:30.

By 11:00 we're packed and ready to leave. Donna and Bob take alot of our stuff but Gary still has to make 2 boat trips. I have to wait in line an hour to launch the trailer. We have lunch at the store and are on the road to Chris' about 2 p.m. It's a nice drive. I'm sleepy and sleep. We arrive at Chris' at 7 p.m. We fix spaghetti for them. Chris comes down. Derek is cute and sweet. Justin likes him alot. He has a receding chin.

Wow, what an exhausting and stressful day! I would be livid to be kept awake until 3:30 by a bunch of drunks who are even firing off a gun. Breaking camp is hard enough on a good night's sleep! And then to have to wait in line for an hour to get the boat at the ramp? That's one of the reasons we always stayed an extra day after a holiday weekend; we had the smoothest water for water skiing, no crowds at the ramp, and very little traffic on the way home.

Then when they finally arrive in Windsor exhausted and hungry to meet their new grandson, the host doesn't have the good manners to make dinner for them while the hostess in in bed recovering from surgery! Mom has to prepare dinner for everyone after a long drive. Sorry Mom!

Looking at Derek today, just weeks away from his 20th birthday, I do not see a receding chin, so I had to look back at his baby pictures. If you look at his chin in the photo above, he does indeed have a receding chin! Mom is very observant.


No comments:

Post a Comment