Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I Pray to God for the Strength to Endure

Friday November 1, 1991

I slept 10-1/2 hours last night. Make up time, I guess. I'm dragging all day. It takes me all day to pay the bills.

My incision is suddenly healed, but Frank insists it needs a couple more days of peroxide.

Dr. Bix calls. Chemo will be next Monday. There will be intravenous drugs once a week and some by mouth, 4 daily. Also a pill for 5 days and then wait 6 weeks. I may have hair loss, mouth sores, diarrhea, cramps, nausea and weight gain. I refuse to accept any side effects. I pray to God for the strength to endure and the power to resist any side effects. I am anxious to get started.

Laura is so excited when I tell her we are renting the house to them. We will meet tomorrow to sign the lease.

Wow, the "treatment" for cancer seems almost barbaric. Most of us try to recover from nausea, cramps and diarrhea, not try to induce it. A few days after this entry, I find out I am pregnant with Derek and am about to have these symptoms myself, 9 months of horrible nausea and vomiting that lasts 24 hours/day.

No comments:

Post a Comment