Thursday, July 28, 2011

Five Weeks After Surgery

Monday November 11, 1991

Five weeks after surgery.

We're up at 7 a.m. to have breakfast with Steve before he leaves for work. Dolores tries in vain to sleep in. By 9 a.m. we are on our way to Frank's folks for lunch. I'm feeling really great! No bad effects from the hill walking yesterday. We stop for a snack at 10 a.m. I really don't think I'm any more hungry than usual with the new kemo. I think I should be able to lose a pound a week with a little effort. I'm ready to get back to walking.

We visit with Frank's folks a few hours, then head home to go square dancing. I am full of energy after a one-hour rest and really enjoy dancing with our friends. I dance every dance and don't even sit to rest in between tips. We eat out after with all our friends.

We have careful intercourse for the first time. It's great!

Wow, a full day driving from San Diego, visiting the in-laws, square dancing and then out to eat with friends, and Mom still had energy left over to have sex? I'm exhausted just hearing about her full day, and I don't have cancer. I'd say she is recovered from her surgery!

No comments:

Post a Comment