Saturday, July 28, 2012

A League Of Their Own




Tuesday August 18, 1992

Frank left for the valley at 9:30 to have lunch early with Robbie and Bob who Frank used to work with. I took the opportunity to be lazy until 10:30 a.m. I could sleep all morning almost every day.

Frank is home by 2:30. I have watered the plants outside and cleaned up after the dogs. We have dinner early and go to Gary's to take him the schedule for the Ventura Fair. Then we go to the movies to see "A League of Their Own". It was really good. We both enjoyed it.

Tonight I take the last of my chemo pills.

Nice to see Mom and Frank enjoying a movie night out. This comedy film tells a fictionalized account of the real-life All-American Girls Professional Baseball League. It stars Geena Davis, Lori Petty, Tom Hanks, Madonna, and Rosie O'Donnell.

I just returned from a 2-week vacation and was pleased to see that 18 people looked at my last 2 posts. It thrills me to know that someone is reading this blog and it's not just going into a black hole! Total hits on my blog have now passed 18,000. I told my son Derek, who just turned 20, about my blog just before we left on our vacation and he was surprised and pleased and excited to start reading it.




No comments:

Post a Comment