Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Slot Car Racing


Sunday August 9, 1992

Layed in bed til 8:10. Watched Hour of Power and had breakfast. I feel fine again today. About 2 p.m. I leave a message for Gary. Frank wants them to go slot car racing with him. He calls back about 6:30. They've been at the beach. We decide to go at 7:30 but when we get there the place is closed. They are all disappointed. We go to Penguins and have a yogurt.

Wow I remember going slot car racing with my brother and dad in the 60s. It was very exciting. I didn't know it was still around in the 90s. According to Wikipedia, "Slot car racing was a popular fad in the 1960s, with sales reaching $500 million annually, including 3,000 public courses in the United States alone. The fad sputtered out by the start of the 1970s."





No comments:

Post a Comment