Sunday, July 29, 2012

A Visit with Sister-In-Law Cathy Thomas


Wednesday August 19, 1992

Awake at 4 a.m. Unable to go back to sleep because of a pain lower right side where the larger tumor is. No matter how I lay it hurts alot. Finally I got up and took Tylenol. I prayed alot for God to take away the pain. When I woke up at 7:30 the pain was gone. I was lazy til 9:30.

After lunch we took the gifts we bought for Valerie and Dana over to Val. She really liked the jelly and the pottery bell. I ironed clothes in the afternoon. About 3 p.m. Cathy Thomas came to visit. She stayed til 5:30 p.m.

We fixed a shrimp dinner together and settled down for the evening. Called Paul and Gary and spoke to Gledhill tenants.

No heavy pain all day. Just the pulling pain when I move.

My Aunt Cathy is so thoughtful. It was nice of her to drive all the way from Pasadena to visit Mom in Simi Valley. She became my surrogate mom after Mom passed away and calls once a month or so just to check in. She is pictured above at her 50th wedding anniversary with Uncle Gene, Mom's brother, in Pasadena in September 2000.

Not sure who Val and Dana are, perhaps neighbors?

No comments:

Post a Comment