Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Shop Til You Drop


Saturday August 8, 1992

I'm up about 7:30. I return some phone calls and then head out to shop Thousand Oaks May Co. sale. I find some great bargains at Lane Bryant. I shop several stores til I'm done in. My feet hurt.

I'm home by 6 p.m. exhausted. I finally hustle up some leftover dinner about 7:30. We watch the Olympics and go to bed. I did really well shopping as many hours (5) as I did.

Nothing like the word "SALE" to get her adrenaline going. May Co. was one of her favorite stores. It was purchased by Macy's in 2005.

On August 8, 1992 the "Dream Team" USA Basketball team won the gold medal against Croatia. The team beat all their opponents by an average of 43.8 points. For the first time NBA players were allowed to play in the Olympics. Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Charles Barkley and Co. inspired kids around the globe to give basketball a shot, and the game’s popularity exploded.




No comments:

Post a Comment