Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Muscle spasms

Wednesday July 24, 1991

Up early and walking early so I can make my 10 a.m. nail appointment. While I am shopping around 1 p.m. I experience a tightness in my chest. It feels like a muscle contraction in the center and lasts a couple of minutes. Could it be a muscle spasm?

I tell Frank about it but I don't want to tell a doctor because they'll want to keep me in the hospital for a few days like they did a few years ago. We're leaving on Friday for Alaska cruise. But I am worried when it happens again about 3 p.m. My joints all seem to ache. Maybe my whole body aches. I seem to be tender to hard touch all over.

I was not aware that mom went into the hospital for chest pain a few years earlier. I do know that what she says is true though about complaining of chest pain. Both my husband and my brother complained to the doctor about chest pains and were made to spend the night in the emergency room for observation. They were both fine, but the hospital takes extra precautions for those symptoms in case of heart attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment