Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Neighbor is a Child Molester

Saturday July 20, 1991

Walking 1 hour again this morning is 4 days this week. Stopping at Helen's we find out our neighbor Herb has been found guilty of child molesting. He will be sentenced on August 21 to up to 18 years. Herb is 64 years old. His wife Michele is 40 or so. She'll be OK without him and surely won't miss the way he treated her, or rather mistreated her.

More yard work and house work. I'm very achy in my joints and back. I do my back exercises and lay on ice but little helps. I feel much better if I keep moving about, so we go square dancing. It is our second "real" club dance. We do very well remembering the calls. We have lots of fun and feel so welcomed.

Wow, I don't think I ever heard about this. It must have felt kind of scary that the neighbor on their cul-de-sac was a molester. Everyone on that cul-de-sac was quite close and mom hosted a potluck every year for the neighbors. At 64 years old, I doubt he survived an 18-year term in prison. He would have been 82 when released 2 years ago. How awful for his wife. I hope she was able to make a new life for herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment