Monday, September 26, 2011

Vaginal Bleeding & Pains


Monday January 20, 1992

Awake at 7:15. I decide to stay in bed all morning to rest my awful cough. Frank makes me a nice omelette breakfast. I arise at 1 p.m. to get ready for a 3:15 doctor appointment. The doctor says I have a virus and prescribes an antibiotic to prevent my going into pneumonia due to my weak immune system from kemo.

I decide square dancing would not be a good idea tonight so I get cuddly in my sweats and settle in for a restful evening.

I have vaginal bleeding in the morning. It leaves a spot dime-size on my panties. I'm also having pains where my ovaries once were for a few days now.

Wow, Mom finally decides to take a night off! Cuddling up with a good book in front of a warm fire or soaking in a warm tub sounds like my idea of a great evening! Having vaginal bleeding when there is no more uterus cannot be a good sign. She doesn't seem concerned. In fact, this last paragraph was obviously added the next day with a different pen, almost like she forgot about it, and then remembered later to write it down. Keeping the journal is a good way for her to keep track of her symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment