Thursday, December 1, 2011

Gary Makes An Offer


Wednesday February 5, 1992

I'm up and fixing breakfast when I realize I have forgotten to take my anti-nausea pills last night. I feel a little nausea, but it doesn't last. In the afternoon I go drive by some more houses for Gary. Frank is having his nails done.

At 5:30 we meet Gary and Maria and boys and Jody, the realtor. We spend a long time looking at the house. Gary decides to make an offer on this house. The house is great and neat and clean but no linen closet or guest coat closet. At 9 p.m. he has finished signing all the papers and we all go to dinner at Country Folks. After dinner we follow Gary home to pick up his deposit check for Jody. We finally get home at 11 p.m.

I have coughed my head off all night long. My cough is awful but stops when I go to bed.

From Mom's entries it sounds like she got a manicure every week or two, but this is the first time I have heard that Frank got a manicure too. Sounds pretty nice!

What a long process to make an offer on the house. They all must have been starving after waiting until 9:00 for dinner! The house had been through a remodel, which is why there was no longer a coat closet. But during that remodel the kitchen was expanded and a small family room was added at the back of the house adjacent to the pool. It is a ranch style single-story home built in 1961 on a large corner lot. The house is about 2000 square feet.

I remember Mom coughing all the time, especially in the morning, even when she did not have a cold. Perhaps she had some allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment