Thursday, December 8, 2011

A Leaky Roof


Tuesday February 11, 1992

The rain has let up this morning but the skies are still threatening. Frank and I head over to the rental house in Simi Valley to repair the roof. It's leaking around the swamp cooler. I hand him tools. He does a great job. I really think we fixed it temporarily. We'll have to get a new cooler and new roof this spring. Thank God there was a break in the storm so we were able to do the repairs.

We decide to stay home tonight and miss our class of country western dancing. We enjoy some TV programs that we don't usually get to see.

I don't know how landlords who are not handymen can possibly break even. Frank is a pretty handy guy like my husband Ric. With rental houses, it seems like there is always something to fix, a vacancy to fill, or a tenant problem. It is definitely not a 9-5 job.

No comments:

Post a Comment