Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Frank's 56th Birthday


Sunday September 1, 1991

Frank's 56th birthday! We're up at 7 a.m. so we have time for breakfast before the gospel hour followed by the Hymn-Along. The "Hymn-Along" is great! We all get song books. Everyone sings, even Frank. He sings quite well and seems to enjoy it almost as much as I do. We sing all the good old hymns like "In The Garden" and "When The Saints Go Marching In". It is a very inspirational and meaningful 2 hours for both of us.

We spend the afternoon (12-5) listening to the bands at the pool with Carol, Ray, Nobie and Kay and friends of Carol. We stay til 10:30 p.m. then head home.

It has been a great weekend. Frank and I feel very close--lovey/touchy. Loved dancing with him. My butt is sore from too much sitting but otherwise I feel wonderful. Carol and Ray were very affectionate and thrilled with my news.

I can understand how Mom would feel inspired by the Hymn-Along. I'm not a big fan of gospel or old hymns, but when I attend my church and sing along with the Christian rock band which plays contemporary Christian music, I feel refreshed every week, and feel I am the presence of God. Mom had a special reason to draw close to God, having been convicted that He had healed her cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment