Tuesday, March 29, 2011

I Can't Stand The Heat!


Monday September 23, 1991

Up early. The power will be turned of at 10 a.m. til 3 p.m. I can't do the wash. I must hurry and get cleaned up so I can curl my hair before the power goes off.

Frank worked very hard yesterday cleaning up and putting things away after our reunion, but there are still a few things to finish up and linens to change, etc. from Chris, Ric, and Justin. It's a very busy day and very hot. I can't stand the heat. I sweat so easily and profusely. At least the hot flashes seem to have almost gone away.

We'd like to get back to walking but now it's too hot. I feel like I'm in terrible shape. I ache all over all the time. I'm best when I keep moving. It's hard to get moving again when I stop.

We have a great time at square dancing from 7-9:30. We eat out after.

Mom always made sure her makeup was applied and her hair curled first thing in the morning, even when they had no plans to leave the house. Heaven forbid someone might see her without her makeup or her hair done up! Since I retired 4 years ago I only put on makeup when I have an occasion to attend and my hair is wash and wear, no curlers involved.

I can relate to the sweating. Mom lived in Southern California where hot weather was the norm for half the year. I live in Northern California and we still get our share of heat in the summer. I find I have to get my exercise done in the morning when it's still cool. I try to get a hike in if the weather is nice and I belong to a fitness club with an indoor pool where I swim or take water aerobics. When you're in the water you can't tell if you're sweating.

No comments:

Post a Comment