Monday, March 28, 2011

Open House at Lemona


Sunday September 22, 1991

Up early. Chris and Ric must get Justin to Burbank Airport to fly home for the "A"s game with John. I must be at Lemona for open house 10-5. Looking for someone interested in renting with an option to buy. I am anxious because I've never done one of these deals before. Frank's worried about me being at the house alone all day. I agree to call him about 1 p.m. I'm nervous too.

The day goes well. Several families come through but no real takers. Frank arrives about 3 p.m. to keep me company. We leave at 5 p.m. and stop at Gary's to drop off something. We invite them to join us for dinner at the local Mexican restaurant. They decline. We enjoy a good Mexican dinner and a strawberry margarita. I almost never touch alcohol anymore so I feel a little light-headed.

The Mission Hills neighborhood must have really gone down since I grew up there in the 50s and 60s for Mom and Frank to be nervous about her showing the house to prospective tenants. I meet prospective tenants at our Windsor rentals all the time. I appreciate that it is a newer, family-oriented community, and I have always felt safe here. Finding a tenant to do a lease option will be difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment