Tuesday, March 1, 2011

God Helps Those Who Help Themselves

Tuesday September 3, 1991

Up at our usual 7:20. I ache all over, especially my back and knees. I'm sure it's from the housework I did yesterday. So what's new? Life must go on. I'm sure not going to ask Frank to do any more than he already does. The house is my job. The aches and pains get some better as the day progresses. I feel I would have less aches and pains if I'd lose 30 or 40 pounds. I cannot ask God to help with this problem until I've done my part by losing the weight. God helps those who help themselves. God always answers my requests in prayer but I'm careful to ask for reasonable things. I did lose one pound yesterday. I'm in the mood to try harder to lose weight.

Thank you for the inspiration, Mom. I have been feeling the same way lately. Right now I am the same age you were when you made this entry in your journal. My back has hurt every day for years, and lately my right knee hurts too. I take water aerobics 3 times per week which helps my back pain immensely, and I hike on the days when I don't have class unless it's raining, but I need to get my nighttime snacking under control. Hebrews 12:1 says "Let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us." For me the first part of this scripture is about losing the weight and how overeating trips me up and the second part is about keeping my body strong with exercise. I am claiming this scripture for myself this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment